Thursday 7 May 2009

iPhone App Reviews #2

So I had another app review post, which I’ll link to at the end of the post.

8 Glasses Of Water A Day

IMG_0005

Price: Free
This is quite a simple app, which keeps track of how many glasses of water you have had in a day. A recent update came that sticks the number of glasses you have to go on the home screen, similar to Mail or SMS. I don’t know whether there’s any proven health benefits to this, but it can’t hurt.

3/5


AroundMe

IMG_0006

Price: Free
This app tracks your current location and tells you what services are around you, as the name suggests. Useless if you don’t travel much, or know what’s about where you travel to, but as I went to Birmingham the other day, I used it to find the closest Starbucks to me, which was handy.

3/5

Dictionary.com

IMG_0007Price: Free
If you’ve not heard of Dictionary.com then you should check it out. I usually use this app for the Word of the Day, and then try to fit it in to conversation that day. Yeah, it’s a geeky thing to do, but oh well.

4/5

Google Mobile App

IMG_0009Price: Free
I use almost all of Google’s services so this is a great app for me, especially when I can’t access my laptop at the time. If you use any of the services above, it would do you good to utilise this app. The only thing I’m a bit disappointed with is that it doesn’t allow me to post any blog posts from there.

4.5/5


Scramble

IMG_0014 Price: Free
Scramble is like a fun little word search game, which can be played online or multiplayer as well. Sometimes it’s frustrating when you spot a few good words just before the timer counts down. An adjustable timer with a bigger grid might be more fun.

3.5/5

Tap Tap Revenge 2

IMG_0016Price: Free 
This app is essentially Guitar Hero on the iPhone, and you can download popular songs for free. The difficulty modes are as they should be. Extreme is very unforgiving, and Easy is nice enough for starters. I’ve been told by @benjirino that the actual Guitar Hero app which costs £3.49 is horrible, with covered famous songs that cost money to download. Get Tap Tap Revenge instead.

4/5

Hope you liked this review bunch.
If you make apps, and want them reviewed on this blog, send me a link for them.
If you have any that you’d like to see me review, send me a link again.
If you don’t have an iPhone or an iPod Touch yet, what is wrong with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit comments