Monday 11 May 2009

Erm…but…hmmm…well, look here’s the thing

I’m sure we’ve all been in a situation wherein you want to tell your friends or even some stranger something but you feel held back by what their reaction might be to this shocking change of events, before it suddenly bursts out.

secret
One of my friends recently had to confess something to me that I think had been bugging him for some time, and I think he expected more of a reaction that a simple “Okay”. I’m not going to tell you what it was, or who it was as apparently I was the first one he’d mentioned it to and he doesn’t really want to tell people yet. It doesn’t really affect anyone but him, and it’s not like I’ll suddenly shun my friends because of these things that make them the people they are.

After he’d told me, I realised how strange it is to think that the people we know and trust would be so objectionable to change. I always feel I should be able to tell my friends anything and vice versa, and I know there’s people that aren’t that lucky or accepting of flaws or differences. Am I saying I don’t give a shit, as long as there’s some companionship and support with the weirdoes I know? Perhaps.

I’m eternally grateful for all the friends I have, and know I wouldn’t want to distance myself from any of them. There are certainly people that I’d like to get to know better, including those I’ve met on social networking sites where 90% of you will have come from. I know there’s people out there with no-one to fall back on, and that does make me a little sad.

I guess that’s all for this post, I just wanted to get it off my chest to make sure I didn’t leak this secret out in the real world. You owe me one man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit comments