Tuesday 19 May 2009

I suck at DIY

I got a free futon about two weeks ago and decided on Friday that I would finally construct it. I had some allen keys, some spanners and some screws from when it was dismantled to fit it in the car. Here’s the frame to show you how I began.

IMG_0127

I worked out where some bits went, had the thing start collapsing on me, and not quite fit, and working out which keys went in to what screws. After about a half hour, I was at this point.

IMG_0128

So I basically had the two parts connected, and had a third part to go, so that it could be all well and good. However, once it was all together it didn’t look quite right.

IMG_0129
It may not look too bad, but if you look closely you can see that it’s actually the wrong way around, with the “headboard” being used as the legs and vice versa. It still stands pretty well, and is usable, but yeah, I suck at DIY.

1 comment:

Submit comments