Tuesday 16 June 2009

What to expect if you follow me on Twitter

@wilw (Wil Wheaton) made a post a while back, on what to expect if you follow him on Twitter so I thought I’d try and emulate him and make a similar list, because it’s 2:45AM and I’m veeeery tired but want to blog.

Picture_4

  1. I send out a lot of Tweets, frequently about stupid stuff that's just amusing to me. From time to time I will send out several in just a few minutes. You probably shouldn't follow me on your phone, because it's going to get annoying. I have friends who are so prolific, I don't follow them on my phone, and they're my friends! I have friends who don't follow me, because I tweet way too much for them. It's cool, I know text message charges can be expensive, and I wouldn't follow me, because I use Twitter a LOT. I don't plan to change that, either. It's fun and I like it.

    That one hasn’t been change from Wil Wheaton’s original post, because I feel it holds true for myself. Yet I know a few people that follow me on their phones. Man, I feel sorry for you all.
  2. I will sometimes tweet about stuff that people tend not to give a crap about like Pokémon or Kingdom Hearts, or even utter nonsense and song lyrics.

  3. I try as hard as I can not to tweet any spoilers for TV shows and video games that I “become aware of” but may slip up occasionally, so if you like the TV show Lost, for example, and don’t see it until Sunday, it may be wise to unfollow me for a day or two. I won’t be offended.
  4. I’ll sometimes have mass conversations with people, which you won’t see unless you follow them, so sometimes it’s worth checking my actual Twitter page.
  5. If you’re trying to engage me in conversation about something, please make sure you know what you’re on about first of all.

I think that’s about it, and if you don’t follow me on Twitter, click hither, wandering traveller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit comments