Tuesday 29 September 2009

A friend in need is a friend indeed

painted-sounding-board-full I’d say I’m a good friend to all who know me, though I may be a little unreliable and temporarily steal your stuff from time to time, I’d like to think I’m always there to at least be a sounding board for people. Wherein I’m excellent at listening, but my advice is mediocre at best.

However, this week I was able to help two of my friends, though I suppose one is more of a work acquaintance than a friend most times.

Let us begin the first of these stories:

crime1 I’m 22 now, so I’ve ended up making a few good contacts via Fanpop, Twitter and friend through friend etc. and a co-worker who plans to study criminology has mentioned it to me many a time, yet I for some reason hadn’t thought of putting her in contact with a retired shrink/criminologist I know so she could ask her about any thing she was unsure of. That was done, so now it’s up to her to pursue these things.

I’ve helped set up the connection though and that made me feel good. On to the second tale now.

divorce1I was in my early teens when my parents finally broke apart their troublesome and violent marriage, so evidently this makes me an expert on dealing with divorce? One of my friends parents have grown apart, and now they’re getting separated, so I took a night time stroll with the aforementioned friend and discussed a multitude of things with him, despite not getting to bed until 2am, then having work at 6am, but that’s just what you do for your friends. It seemed to qualm some of his fears on it at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit comments