Wednesday 1 July 2009

More than half the year gone, the rest yet to come

So last month I did an “It’s June” post, to signify what was contained within my month, so now we’ll have an “It’s July” one, only with a less spontaneous title. Let’s see what I know July has in store.

More Reviewssection_review
I’ve been really enjoying writing my reviews for this blog, and do want to branch out in to movies, books and more things to review.

Writing
Image0028

I like creative writing, almost as much as the next subject on the list and have put up one example and had a guest post on the subject so far but plan to keep doing more. I write whenever the mood takes me, or am given a good prompt.

D&D

Fine blog readers, I admit it. Ever since I started reading Darths & Droids (a Star Wars/D&D comic) and chatting to @austenw & @DurgisFlak who have been running games in the real world and on forums, I’ve been thinking about “rolling the dice” again, especially with 4th edition being out.

So I’ve picked up and read all through the Player’s Handbook, and will soon buy the Monster Manual, DM’s Guide and a campaign. It may be the geekiest thing that I do, but I don’t care.

If you know me personally, and want to get in on the first game, contact me. It won’t be until August though to give me time to read rules, do tests and so on.

Drawing

Picture 001

Okay, maybe you do not know, but I have a DeviantArt page where any stuff that I’ve drawn gets scanned in. I can see that my drawing has improved from the poor scraps that I did a year or so ago, but I’m still not quite happy with it yet. I’ll get there though.

Guest posts?

GUESTgif

I keep pimping this out, to say that if people want to do guest blog posts all they need do is contact me, and it’ll go up on the site. Based on last month, I should get about 300 visits this month, which is nice.

Hopefully I manage to keep blogging too, though I thought it not worth mentioning. Oh look at that. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend running a game of your own. It's a lot of fun. My step brother and I just finished creating our own custom RP system that we're now calling Omniverse. We've run through 2 scenarios so far with it and it's been running pretty smoothly thus far.

    If you're interested, I can give you the run down on it. It's fairly adaptable, which was the whole point. We wanted a simple enough system that it could copy/pasted onto just about any character but robust enough to not be flimsy. I think we've achieved this. However, it is made with a focus on roleplaying instead of combat stats. D20 is basically made for combat, combat combat all the time. After running through a million and a half D20 campaigns, I've grown weary of the whole rack up a huge body count game.

    I digress. Good post. Great blog. Also, this is @austenw. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Submit comments