Sunday 22 March 2009

Google AdSense Announcement


Google's making some changes and doing something called "interest-based advertising" wherein they'll use your cookie to put you in a category depending on the Google sites you visit such as "gamer", "sports fan" etc. and then alter the AdSense adverts to reflect that.

I have two on the site, so feel I should pass on what they've told me to:

  • Google, as a third-party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this blog.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.
So, I think that's about it. Back to normal blogging.

By the way, I make pretty much nothing from the adverts, but it's a nice little experiment I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit comments