Wednesday 14 May 2008

Brawl Round-Up - Default Part I

I know I've been a little lax with my posts lately, so I feel like restarting off my Brawl round-up with images and all, and perhaps deliver a chatty blog response thingy. This one is most of the default characters, will do unlockables later, as this has taken me about an hour with resizing the pictures and stuff, but enjoy.


Mario

Mario remains a good all rounder in Brawl. I dislike his new F.L.U.D.D move as it only knocks back whereas his old Mario Tornado move was better. You can still do the Mario Tornado as a normal attack, but I was used to falling and then pressing Down + B to spin at my opponents, and now I get the F.L.U.D.D thing...


Link

I've never been a big Link user, but Brawl Link is pretty much the same as Melee Link. Being able to control his arrows a bit more is fun, and I do like the Gale Boomerang. Link (as a fighter) has always seemed like more of a basic standard to me than Mario. I know that's odd, just the way I see it. His Final Smash looks very pretty, that's about all he gets as a saving grace, I'm afraid knifey. :-P

Kirby

I've always been a Kirby user however. Called cheap by many, Kirby retains everything from Melee and why not? There was no need to change anything about the first pink puff of the Smash Bros. series. His FS is great for getting KO's at the top of the screen and his floating ability always saves my ass.

Pikachu

You might expect me to be a big Pikachu user with the blog URL and all, but I use him (it is a him because of the tail) infrequently. His Thunderbolt move remains fun, and now that I have mastered the speed of Volt Tackle I can kill all three people on screen, which is very handy. People wait to respawn if I'm him...

Fox McCloud

Okay, I like Fox's last name, but despise all the furry stuff associated with his relationships on Starfox. Anyways, in Brawl he has a cool style anyways (though I prefer using Falco). His Blaster attack is a sneaky way to get in damage in a confusing 4-player match and then steal a KO. His Final Smash (which as you may have noticed, I use when I need to fill space) is Landmaster, which is a little fun, but not Final Smash worthy.


Samus Aran

Samus' too. Samus I do like and her Final Smash is amazingly devastating. Her Screw Attack attack (eh?) has always been a favourite of mine, just to catch a character in mid-air and grind against them. Charging up her laser is also great, because people forget you've got it charged. My little brother like to charge it up and then shoot me in the back when my guard's down.


Zero Suit Samus

A complete reverse to Samus, Samus in her Zero Suit (which is pretty much a lycra-esque tight suit from what I can tell) is much faster and has an awesome Flip Jump move that I usually try to use to avoid Samus blasts in Mirror Battles (when you're all the same character, it's the term we use in the house for fighters) and the Plasma Whip is a similar saving device to Ivysaur's Vine Whip.
Her Final Smash is cack though. It requires really close connection and hardly causes much damage, the knockback is decent, but I can't be doing with the minimal damage it does. Bad Samus.



Princess Zelda

I never saw the great thing about Zelda. Even in the LoZ videogames. I'd rather save Peach any day than Zelda, even though neither of them ever gives the hero that save them anything! Just a blo-...no, kids might read this blog. In Brawl, she's not changed from Melee. Her teleporting thing remains the coolest thing about her, I can't be bothered with her silly magic attacks. Her Final Smash is kind of cool, but it's tricky to hit on a non-flat stage (read every stage but Final Destination).


Okay, I'm gonna stop there, but I'll add more Brawl bits later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit comments