Sunday 26 April 2009

Geoshitties


I'm sure by now, you've heard that Yahoo! is closing their free amateur website builder GeoCities later this year.

After I read about it, I found my old website information and logged in to see when I first created what I think was my first website.
I don't know if you can see the dates on there, but it says September 2001 as some updates. As much as I'd like to think that I don't really care what happens to this website, considering I designed it when I was 11 or 12, I actually do.

So, I'm still going to back this version up somewhere, and then try and make a version of it that's web 2.0 and all the extra stuff I now know and am able to do with HTML and such. I'd like to think that I'll still be able to look back on the original many years from now and laugh.

I'll show my kids, and they'll wonder how their dad managed to make something so...stupid, and simple when they knock out great sites in a few minutes.

I'll miss GeoCities, I really will, but I guess times have moved on.

Here's a link to my site by the way, so you can all see how my skillz have evolved. Anyone else got theirs to share?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit comments